What is SafeBuy?
SafeBuy provides a leading UK Ecommerce Code of Practice and works to cover everything - from relevant EU regulations and UK laws, to Advertising Standards protocols and the Protection of Children online. We work for the consumer and businesses alike so that shoppers trust the SafeBuy code, because it requires web retailers to:
- Adhere to the terms of the Sale of Goods Act, the EU Distance Selling Regulations, and the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- Conform to the Data Protection Act of 1998
- Provide security for the processing of credit card transactions
- Include physical location and contact details for themselves on their website
- Display the total price consumers must pay for goods (including delivery costs) and provide a clear explanation of the delivery procedures
- Advise the consumer if ‘cookies’ are required for the processing of data
- Not use ‘spam’ for marketing purposes
- Avoid exploitation of children
Business Owners Benefit from the SafeBuy Assurance Scheme
How SafeBuy Star Ratings & Reviews Can Work for You
- With increasing demands from consumers for independent ratings from web merchants, the SafeBuy Star Rating System clearly showcases that you (as a SafeBuy member) are far superior to your competitors in consumer satisfaction.
- See what consumers are saying about you, and adjust your operations to increase their satisfaction and make your business that much better! Consumers will provide you with honest ratings in 10 different areas, and their overall comments are available to be posted to the public domain. Honest reviews of your products or services can be instrumental to your differentiation from competitors and will increase brand awareness naturally.
- Display the ‘SafeBuy Stars Logo’ on your website as big, bold, and proudly as you like. The logo has an active link to the live survey results and comments for your site. Consumers will recognize the SafeBuy logo on your website and will instantly connect you with being a trustworthy merchant.
- Qualifying for the Stars logo is simple. Just invite your customers to complete a two minute survey form after you have shipped goods to them or rendered services. To make it even easier for you, CC our secure research site on your customer order acknowledgment. We’ll email them independently for you with the survey a few days after you have shipped the goods. That’s when they’ll be most aware of you, and most likely very happy to leave you a positive rating!
Here’s an example of the survey and customer responses from one of our members:
Here’s how “Stitching Cards” has used their Stars Logo on their website to increase trust, gain more awareness to their brand, and drive in new sales (scroll down on the right of the page linked here): www.stitchingcards.com
Here’s what David, the owner of Stitching Cards had to say about his membership with SafeBuy:
‘We’ve been using the SafeBuy Star Rating system for several years and are thrilled with the positive effect it has had in turning site visitors into customers.’ - David Jefferson, Sole Trader, Stitching Cards
SafeBuy’s Ecommerce Monthly
How much time do you have to consume all the information that comes out about Ecommerce each month? How many subscriptions to various publications would you have to have in order to get ALL the information you needed? The answer is one. SafeBuy’s Ecommerce Monthly will provide you with insider industry knowledge, insight, patterns, hot markets, and opportunities.
It’s not written in a theoretical form, but in a way that’ll allow you to implement the new-found tools and knowledge in your own business immediately. It is written entirely by professionals who are working in the industry, every single day. Just 15 minutes of learning from these leading players will give you the edge to stay on top and be constantly improving your business month after month.